Theological Musings

Theological Musings has moved to a new location!
All posts and comments have been preserved at the new location. Please visit TheologicalMusingsBlog.com

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Update on End of the Spear

I regret that my first post in over a week is going to be 1) short, and 2) about a topic that I never intended to deal with at length. However, a note on Tim Challies' blog tipped me off to an excellent article by Randy Alcorn regarding the way the End of the Spear controversy has been mishandled by many.

As is often the case in situations like this, misinformation abounds and has been forwarded and repeated all over the place. So, I felt that the fact that I did previously post on this topic necessitated that I link to the article by Randy Alcorn in order to give my readers a better view of the controversy and our role in it.

While I did not take part in this controversy (in terms of repeating misinformation), it does make me sad to see what it has done to some people and the way it has been handled by some others. (I do not, in any way, mean that to be prideful or condescending to those who might have passed on some of the misinformation.) There is a huge lesson to be learned by all of us in this.

The Alcorn article is long, but well worth the read, so please take the time to read it when you get a chance.

I hope to be back blogging very soon with some more food for thought and discussion on some of the other topics we've dealt with recently.

Until next time,

steve :)

1 comment(s):

Thanks for the link, Steve. The Alcorn article does a good job of calling Christians into love without relying just on pretty words.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, January 31, 2006 4:56:00 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home